Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Somewhere, out there, beneath the pale moonlight

Forgive me, Father,
For I have sinned
This is my first confession.

I have coveted my neighbor's wife.

And the girl who sits next to me in class.
And the girl who waits at the bus stops Tuesday mornings.
And the woman who taught me build with letters. 
And the girl who works in the bakery.
And the girl who comes in to buy coffee every other day with her dog.

Forgive me Father,
For I am lustful.

I pray for the man on the moon,
To come down and tell me why
The closest I will ever be to them
Is when I look towards him
At the same time they do.

Forgive me, Father,
For I am envious.

1 comment:

  1. this is wonderful! i think you could have a whole new chapbook of sorts on your hands with these short quips. keep 'em coming, dan!

    ReplyDelete